Select language: english||
tactile perception (TactilePerception)
The subclass of Perception in which
the sensing is done by Touching. Note that Touching need not involve
TactilePerception. For example, a person who has lost all sensation in
both of his legs would have no TactilePerception of anything his legs
SUMO / PROCESSES
Related WordNet synsets
See more related synsets on a separate page.
- tactual sensation, tactility, touch perception, skin perceptiveness
- the faculty of perceiving (via the skin) pressure or heat or pain
- feel, sense
- perceive by a physical sensation, e.g., coming from the skin or muscles; "He felt the wind"; "She felt an object brushing her arm"; "He felt his flesh crawl"; "She felt the heat when she got out of the car"
- perceive via the tactile sense
- haptic, tactile, tactual
- of or relating to or proceeding from the sense of touch; "haptic data"; "a tactile reflex"
- tactually, haptically
- by touch; "he perceives shapes tactually"
If is an instance of tactile perception, then there exists touching so that is a subprocess of .
(instance tactile perception)
(sub process ))))